Has this not been the crappiest beginning to a year in recent memory?
1. This is the journal formerly known as Purebloodgryff.
2. I am now on Twitter: Quidditchgrrl
. There will be no Tweets posted here.
3. My in-laws have been married in the eyes of the Catholic Church. At Midnight. After a 3 HOUR Easter Vigil Mass. If God does exist, he would have struck me dead last night inside that church. They did baptize a bunch of people into the Church, Confirm a bunch more (including my mother-in-law), and all the other accoutrements of the Church in full Holiday mode.
Now I understand why there are so many lapsed Catholics. The sitting and standing and singing, I can get with (I grew up Presbyterian), but the thinly veiled gay priest, the incense, the holy water, the crystal bowls - I was a little out in la la land. Also, I have a fear and loathing of churches, so I was not feeling well after 3 hours up and down and smoky and wet and the SINGING -
The wedding was cute and intimate and sweet. I will miss my in-laws. :(
4. In keeping with the sucky state of 2009, when I called my sister this morning, she told me that my uncle (the one with my brand o'diabetes) passed away in the night. He was fighting a MRSA infection he got from his dialysis port. The MRSA attacked his heart. His kids brought him back from Florida this week, after putting their feet down about where he needed to be. His heart defibbed and they couldn't get a rhythm back. So, if there is a silver lining, it's that he died in his sleep. Or at least that's what I'll tell myself and everyone else.
The worst is that my dad has lost his best friend of 73 years. They co-owned racing teams and cars, and a service station. Both retired from the same General Motors plant, went to Daytona together (my uncle has a winter home in Florida), and talked to each other just about every day of their lives. Dad had rallied a little when I talked to him tonight, but this week is going to be very hard on our entire family. My uncle was extremely affectionate and likeable, an all-around good guy who never met a stranger.
This is why I've been having dreams about my grandfather - they were needed to help guide us all through this, my dad and my aunt most of all.
1. I have tomorrow "off" - I only have to do Lodge stuff, then go to the dermatologist. No work-work.
2. Amazon sux. Yep. Anyone have words as to the WHY? I mean the REAL why, not the "OMG 4 DA CHILDREN!" why. Amazon Rank
is gonna get this taken care of.
3. Easter was a success. I Spy Bingo was played and candy dispensed from the butt of a wind-up chicken was eaten. And, is there nothing more Midwestern than green bean casserole? I SAY NO.
'Night all. Sweet dreams and merry memories!